PDA

View Full Version : Some shots from Genting

The Plane
05-Dec-2010, 06:42 PM
Some shots taken at Genting Highland on Friday. Not much time for me to shoot and low butts activity as it was foggy most of the time even in the afternoon. Just 3 record shots. :cheers:

#1 Chocolate Tiger (Parantica melaneus sinopion)
#2 Sumalia daraxa theoda
#3 (Don't know the ID)

Commander
05-Dec-2010, 06:53 PM
Nice shots, Chng. Pity about the weather. I'm sure there are more butts up there.

The last shot should be the Banded Puffin (Appias pandione lagela).

Glorious Begum
05-Dec-2010, 07:50 PM
You didn't go to Lentang and Bukit Tinggi ?

Painted Jezebel
05-Dec-2010, 10:00 PM
Very nice shots, CKCHNG. It is the quality, not the quantity that counts. I never managed a shot of any of these when I was up there, indeed, of the three, I only saw the Chocolate Tiger, but it never stopped for me.

The Plane
05-Dec-2010, 11:25 PM
Nice shots, Chng. Pity about the weather. I'm sure there are more butts up there.

The last shot should be the Banded Puffin (Appias pandione lagela).

Thanks Khew, and for helping the ID. Your're right, there should be more butts up there. Too bad luck was not with me, same for the jackpot too.

You didn't go to Lentang and Bukit Tinggi ?

I was not too sure of the direction (even with my GPS :embrass: ) and I think the heavy rain on early hours of Friday morning caused the heavy fog till noon. So I was not confident to go down hill. Thanks for your advise on direction anyway. Hope next time got chance to go up again.

Very nice shots, CKCHNG. It is the quality, not the quantity that counts. I never managed a shot of any of these when I was up there, indeed, of the three, I only saw the Chocolate Tiger, but it never stopped for me.

Thanks Les for your nice comments. I shot these around a deserted carpark area.