PDA

View Full Version : Shots from Fung Yuen Butterfly Reserve, HK

The Plane
27-Aug-2011, 08:23 PM
I was in HK for work and took a day leave to visit Fung Yuen Butterfly Reserve. Sharing some of the shots taken :

#1 Chestnut Bob (Iambrix salsala)
#2 Plum Judy (Abisara echerius)
#3 Common Birdwing (Troides helena)
#4 Chestnut Angle (Odontoptilum angulata)
#5 Punchinello (Zemeros flegyas)

:cheers:

The Plane
27-Aug-2011, 08:27 PM
#6 & 7 Lemon Pansy (Junonia lemonias)
#8 Slate Flash (Rapala manea)
#9 Water Snow Flat (Tagiades litigious)

Leopard Lacewing
27-Aug-2011, 08:28 PM
Wow.... fruitful trip! Nice shots :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Blue Nawab
27-Aug-2011, 08:39 PM
Nice series from Hong Kong...some more...:cheers:

The Plane
27-Aug-2011, 09:22 PM
Actually, I didn't shoot many species. Spent most of the time chasing the White Dragontail (Lamproptera curius). They are very much harder to shoot while feeding on flowers than puddling as they never stop and were very fast flying from flower to flower. Came back with many blur shots. But this time is better than my first trip there last year where I only saw one that never came down. Here are some of them shot at different angle :

The Plane
27-Aug-2011, 09:52 PM
Thanks Bobby, Cher Hern.

Wow.... fruitful trip! Nice shots :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Nice series from Hong Kong...some more...:cheers:

Silverstreak
27-Aug-2011, 09:56 PM
Very Nice Shots Chng!!:cheers:

No Purple Sapphire?:)

bluefin
27-Aug-2011, 10:51 PM
Nice Series of shots from HK, Chng. :cheers:

The Plane
27-Aug-2011, 11:15 PM
Very Nice Shots Chng!!:cheers:

No Purple Sapphire?:)

Thanks Uncle Sunny. I only saw 2 but they did not cooperate with me :-( . This gives me another reason to go back there again.:grin2:

Nice Series of shots from HK, Chng. :cheers:

Thanks Nelson. You should plan to go there one of these day. :cheers:

WillFolsom
28-Aug-2011, 10:35 AM
Chng: Great images. You must have had a great trip. Now, I need to add HK to a dream list too! You may have had difficulties, but when you nailed, them...WOW! Great shooting of some species i had never seen before in my life. Thank you. William

The Plane
28-Aug-2011, 01:06 PM
Chng: Great images. You must have had a great trip. Now, I need to add HK to a dream list too! You may have had difficulties, but when you nailed, them...WOW! Great shooting of some species i had never seen before in my life. Thank you. William

Thanks William for your kind comments. Yes ! You should make a plan to have an Asia Butt Tour which includes Singapore, HK, Malaysia. I look forward to meet and learn from you :cheers: .