PDA

View Full Version : Great Swift?

Commander
25-Dec-2011, 02:56 PM
Seow, is this Pelopidas assamensis?

Psyche
25-Dec-2011, 03:19 PM
The spots matches that of the Tree Flitter, Hyadrotis adrastus. Since most of the undersides appeared to be that of females in the checklist, this must be a rare male.

TL Seow:cheers:

Painted Jezebel
25-Dec-2011, 09:19 PM
The spots matches that of the Tree Flitter, Hyadrotis adrastus. Since most of the undersides appeared to be that of females in the checklist, this must be a rare male.

TL Seow:cheers:

I agree. The spots match very accurately those of specimens in my collection.

I think, (please note the word), that the forewing spot in cell 3 is a bit larger in the male than the female, I have specimens all labelled male that have the large cell 3 spot, but on females they all have a smaller spot. It is dark now, so I will need to recheck my photos and specimens in a decent light to be sure of this statement.

Commander
26-Dec-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks, Seow & Les. Kept referring to the Pelopidas group due to the large size of this fella. Forgot to check Hyarotis. :embrass:

Didn't manage to get a shot of its undersides, so didn't realise that it's a Tree Flitter after all. I was trying to match its conjoined cell spots with one of the Pelopidas, but couldn't find a match of course! :mad2: