PDA

View Full Version : Life is like a box of Chocolates

Commander
04-Feb-2012, 11:55 PM
Chocolate Grass Yellows, that is. :bsmile: Looks like this species is in season. I stumbled on a group of 30-40 Chocolate Grass Yellows last week. In this shot, after waiting for them to re-assemble, only shows 21.

They must be breeding like mad somewhere nearby. :thinking:

Blue Jay
04-Feb-2012, 11:58 PM
Amazing!:what: :what: Where was this shot?

horace2264
05-Feb-2012, 12:01 AM
Chocolate Grass Yellows, that is. :bsmile: Looks like this species is in season. I stumbled on a group of 30-40 Chocolate Grass Yellows last week. In this shot, after waiting for them to re-assemble, only shows 21.

They must be breeding like mad somewhere nearby. :thinking:
The host plant is Archidendron ellipticum, a plant very common in CCA and BTNR, as well as in central parts of Southern Ridges. :)

Commander
05-Feb-2012, 12:04 AM
Amazing!:what: :what: Where was this shot?

Take your pick, CCA and BTNR. :grin2:

The host plant is Archidendron ellipticum, a plant very common in CCA and BTNR, as well as in central parts of Southern Ridges. :)

Thanks, Horace. I presume you've already nailed the full life history of this species? :)

horace2264
05-Feb-2012, 12:24 AM
Thanks, Horace. I presume you've already nailed the full life history of this species? :)
Yup. It will be among the 80 species featured. :)

Peacock Royal
05-Feb-2012, 12:40 AM
wow, what a good capture.

Looking forward to it :cheers:

Wanderer
05-Feb-2012, 01:48 AM
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

moloch
05-Feb-2012, 04:57 PM
Nice shot. I love to come across groups of butterflies like that. Here in Australia, I rarely see puddlers.

Regards,

WillFolsom
06-Feb-2012, 10:00 AM
it must be fun living in a land of different candies for each and every day. What great opportunities to capture sheer beauty. William

Commander
06-Feb-2012, 01:42 PM
wow, what a good capture.

Thanks. Unfortunately, only a record shot. Not easy to capture a group like that with our usual clean and green backgrounds! :)

Nice shot. I love to come across groups of butterflies like that. Here in Australia, I rarely see puddlers.

Thanks, David. Have you tried our local prawn cocktail to attract the Aussie puddlers? Or perhaps the local cuisine for butts needs something else. :thinking:

Regards,

it must be fun living in a land of different candies for each and every day. What great opportunities to capture sheer beauty. William

You have great nature offerings over there in the US that we don't see in our part of the world.