PDA

View Full Version : Pale Grass Blue

stingrey
26-Sep-2005, 09:50 PM
Hi all,
This is my first posting here and hope to learn from all of you. Photgraphy is just a hobby and enjoy the time out to take nature pictures. Here is my first picture to share. A pale Grass Blue taken at Clementi Woods Park.

S180mm, f16 on AP, 1/60 sec, Ob 0 comp, slight PS and Image uncropped.
http://caleb.photonski.com/large/stingrey/106359-large-DSC_1043-after.jpg

Comments are most welcome.

kind regards,
Stingrey

Commander
26-Sep-2005, 09:54 PM
Hi Rey,

Welcome to ButterflyPals... :cheers:

I've seen your butterfly shots that you've posted at NPS and CS. You're no newbie at this. ;-)

Nice shot of the little bugger. It's a tad on the warm side though, in terms of colour. Did you shoot it in the early morning light?

stingrey
26-Sep-2005, 10:03 PM
I think I took it around 8:30 am at Clementi Woods Park.
Think my CS processing has something to do with it. Most of them I shoot in RAW. My monitor is still not calibrated so I think it has something to do with it. Still planning to calibrate it later.

I'm still a newbie who is very much willing to learn. Just started Macro only last May 2005 and been joining NPS for outing. Yes I also post at CS.
I remember I joined this last August 4, 2005 but was not succesful. Is there another Butterflypals site in Singapore?

rgds,
Rey

Indian Cupid
26-Sep-2005, 10:04 PM
stingrey's photographs are :thumbsup:

and here is a preview of his equipment.

http://www.ashwink.net/files/Equipment_Nikon.jpg

I ran into him trying Macro a spider in SBG? :-)

Now hoping it is the same person :sweat:

Commander
26-Sep-2005, 10:09 PM
Hmm... strange. Thought I saw your name here before. Anyway, welcome again, and do post more of your shots. :-)

Commander
26-Sep-2005, 10:10 PM
stingrey's photographs are :thumbsup:

and here is a preview of his equipment.

Whoa! A newbie with a D2X? :sweat:

stingrey
26-Sep-2005, 10:20 PM
Alamak, what is this Guys?
Somebody a Spy, hehehe. Can remember I'm taking a Macro of a Lynx but never noticed someone take a snap, hehehe.
Who are you?

Alucard,
Send you a PM...

rgds,
Rey

bell
26-Sep-2005, 10:22 PM
welcome stingrey!
Ur photographic skills certainly way beyond that of a newbie! :-)

stingrey
26-Sep-2005, 10:28 PM
Roughly I have someone on mind. Think this was taken during the Tripod Test.
Think AW?

rgds,
Rey

Cruiser
26-Sep-2005, 10:30 PM
Welcome onboard and pic looks good to me ie., good composition & sharp. But I prefer brighter BG if possible.

what's the cable for on the left of your d2X :thinking:

Commander
26-Sep-2005, 10:32 PM
That must be the remote release for the shutter.

Cruiser
26-Sep-2005, 10:43 PM
I see, how i wish I can use remote cable on my d70as well :cry:

Commander
26-Sep-2005, 10:56 PM
But isn't the wireless remote even better? :thinking:

Cruiser
26-Sep-2005, 11:08 PM
Stringey - sori to high jack you post.... :-)

Yes only when you are pointing infront of the camera but how am I going to point my remote trigger for above situation...very difficult leh...

stingrey
26-Sep-2005, 11:11 PM
That one is a Cable release.
Remote control is difficult to use. You must be in the IR zone or in front of the camera. Cable is easy to use, just composed the picture and no need to look at VF. Can track down subject movement and if it steady just pressed the cable and bingo.

D70 S can use a Remote cord MC-DC1. You can check CP or MS colour.

Commander
27-Sep-2005, 09:10 AM
Stringey - sori to high jack you post.... :-)

Yes only when you are pointing infront of the camera but how am I going to point my remote trigger for above situation...very difficult leh...

Ya... OT a bit. ;P But since we're on it, maybe worth it if you can put a small reflector on the D70's sensor which allows the wireless remote control to work from behind the camera. I can imagine the flexibility it gives!

I decided against getting a cable remote for the D2X cos enough wires dangling all over the shop already, especially when I shoot with the SB800 off camera. I was hoping for a wireless remote like a car alarm system where I can trigger the camera without having to touch the setup.

The D2X's modulite wireless remote requires a module to be put onto the flash shoe (at least that's what the catalogue shows). But that would prevent the use of a flash! Hence the D70's wireless remote is more useful if it can be made to work from behind the camera instead of just in front of it. :thinking: