PDA

View Full Version : More Tawny Coster Sightings

Commander
03-Oct-2006, 08:10 PM
Sent out our Tawny Coster discovery to my contacts in NParks. There have been sightings of a relatively large colony on Pulau Ubin. :gbounce: I kind of suspected that they must have used Ubin as a "pit-stop" base before hopping over to the main island, and my suspicions were proven right! I've received news that there are two locations on Ubin where they can be found now, and breeding in numbers like what we have here.

There may be even more locations soon. :)

Silverstreak
03-Oct-2006, 09:00 PM
:) Dun need to work liao!!:gbounce:

Let nature take its course!:bsmile:

The Monarch
03-Oct-2006, 09:00 PM
This this mean it's a permernant move now, or just seasonal migration still?

Silverstreak
03-Oct-2006, 09:07 PM
Think they are establishing themselves.... by the number of Cats sighted... doubt this is a one-off or seasonal affair!

I am waiting in the west for them to show themselves up at KRP .:bsmile:

Glad to have them here ...:cheers:

Common Mime
03-Oct-2006, 10:32 PM
I am waiting in the west for them to show themselves up at KRP .:bsmile:
Might not be able to see them at KRP as they prefer empty open field such as Peacock Pansy and Blue Pansy? :thinking:

horace2264
04-Oct-2006, 12:02 PM
This morning I spotted what I believe is a female TC flying around the car park adjacent to the Jurong West market. Having been looking at these TCs flying around at the site for three sessions, I am about 90% certain. It could be that TC has also established footholds in the Western side of Singapore, especially in the army restricted area which can be fairly close to the Johore side at certain parts.

Horace

Common Mime
04-Oct-2006, 12:12 PM
:gbounce: :jumjoy: :redbounce

An evidence (Photo) of its apprearance in the West would be handful!!!

Thanks Horace! :thumbsup:

horace2264
04-Oct-2006, 12:22 PM
:gbounce: :jumjoy: :redbounce

An evidence (Photo) of its apprearance in the West would be handful!!!

Thanks Horace! :thumbsup:

I would have tried to capture a shot if a camera was available, but I don't usually bring my camera to the wet market. Maybe in the near future, I will explore the adjacent area to capture some photo evidence.

Horace

Common Mime
04-Oct-2006, 12:33 PM
Thats why I am going to replace my old mobile phone with a 2mp phone soon. ;-)

Missed many opportunities to capture the rare moment just because there was no camera in hand. :-(

horace2264
04-Oct-2006, 12:34 PM
Thats why I am going to replace my old mobile phone with a 2mp phone soon. ;-)
May be I should do likewise too!