PDA

View Full Version : Oh Happy day! (29/11)

Painted Jezebel
30-Nov-2007, 09:52 AM
A very good day on Samui yesterday. Not at the waterfall, but in an orchard on the edge of the forest. A definate +1, possibly another and +6, photo wise.

1) This is a +1 for me, Oriens gola pseudola. I had expected to find one here, but was getting frustrated at my failure to do so.
2) Possibly another +1. I believe this is Potanthus chloe (using the C&P4 key). If anyone disagrees, please advise.
3) Lethe europa malaya (female). I had started wondering whether I had imagined this species. I had it on my list, but not seen it since my first day on the Island.
4) Discophora sondaica despoliata (male). Nice to add the male to the female I bred earlier.
5) Unkana ambasa batara (male). Shown the female earlier, and good to find the male. This is another species which seems absent from April until after the rains.
6) Euploea mulciber mulciber (male). Compared to other Euploeas found on the Island, this one appears much less common.

Page 2.

These are not new ones to me, but I just happen to like the photos!

7) Moduza procris milonia
8) Tanaecia godartii asoka

Painted Jezebel
30-Nov-2007, 09:56 AM
7 & 8

Commander
30-Nov-2007, 10:34 AM
Looks great, Les. I can see that your photography is improving, other than a bit of motion blur in some of the shots. You're getting the hang of it. :cheers:

Glorious Begum
30-Nov-2007, 01:29 PM
#7 is beautiful. I have not seen these butts yet #3 & #7. :cheers: