PDA

View Full Version : Ubin (13 Dec) & CCA (14 Dec)

horace2264
15-Dec-2007, 01:40 AM
The weather for the past 2 days was much better than earlier days', and I managed to get more butts sightings in both Ubin and CCA. Here are some of the better shots taken.

ID assistance for the skipper in pic #3 would be greatly appreciated.

zac08
15-Dec-2007, 11:17 AM
I would be guessing Telicota besta bina for #3

horace2264
16-Dec-2007, 12:15 AM
I would be guessing Telicota besta bina for #3
Thanks, Michael for your ID suggestion.
When I have the time later, I will try to make more detailed comparisons with the plates for Telicota spp. in the various references I have access to.

Glorious Begum
16-Dec-2007, 11:30 AM
beautiful shots. :cheers:

horace2264
16-Dec-2007, 07:49 PM
beautiful shots. :cheers:
Thanks, LC for your kind words.

Commander
16-Dec-2007, 08:19 PM
Nice to see the Dwarf Crow back at Ubin. :thumbsup: We didn't see it the last time we were there if I remember correctly.

The Spotted Black Crow has rather large spots. These fellas are quite variable. :thinking:

horace2264
17-Dec-2007, 12:29 AM
Nice to see the Dwarf Crow back at Ubin. :thumbsup: We didn't see it the last time we were there if I remember correctly.

The Spotted Black Crow has rather large spots. These fellas are quite variable. :thinking:

I only encountered one Dwarf Crow that day at the Butterfly Hill for my +1. :)

As for the Spotted Black Crow, the variabilty of its spots also cost me some time in comparing the plates figures and checklist photos before I decided on this species ID. Not a +1 for me as I already had the record shot taken at SBWR few months back.

atronox
17-Dec-2007, 03:03 AM
I find the grey sailors n the royal assyrian very interesting. Abt the R.A, was it found in CCA?

Commander
17-Dec-2007, 10:33 AM
Abt the R.A, was it found in CCA?

You should be able to find them along MacRitchie trail along the main jogging route.

atronox
18-Dec-2007, 01:58 AM
You should be able to find them along MacRitchie trail along the main jogging route. Do u mean MNT? I've been there so many times bt i've never seen any of these. The most annoying part is that the lascars r too cowardly:angry:

Commander
18-Dec-2007, 09:29 AM
Yes, MNT. Lascars are not the easiest of butts to shoot. They are alert and skittish, and when disturbed in the slightest way, they make for the treetops.