PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly Garden @ Changi Airport T3?

Birdwing
12-Jan-2008, 06:19 PM
Read about it recently somewhere, and found out some more info here: http://coolmrsoftie.wordpress.com/2007/12/08/trawling-the-terrains-of-terminal-3-the-homecoming/

Just wondering, is it ready yet or open only to passengers? Since its mention that its beside the transit lounge or something. Maybe Khew can enlighten? :)

Not sure if this the right place to post, pls move thread if necessary. Thanks.

Silverstreak
12-Jan-2008, 09:27 PM
Steven,

From what I know, and a visit during the pre-opening, an area has been identified and the project it is under planning. So it is not ready as yet.

Khew's input is here when I raised the query in Oct Chitchat thread (http://b-pals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5852)

Cheers!

Rustic
24-Aug-2008, 07:03 AM
Not sure if there is any other thread that discuss about this place.

It was closed at 5am+.

Is Altas Moth a butterfly? It was listed among the 47 species featured.

And, just wonder about the pansy family. The site used Precis spp. whereas we adopted Junonia.

Yong San
24-Aug-2008, 07:49 PM
And, just wonder about the pansy family. The site used Precis spp. whereas we adopted Junonia.
In Yong Hoi-Sen's Malaysian Butterflies book, he used Precis for the pansy family of butterflies too.

In very old book Rhopalocera Malayana by WL Distant, he used Junonia.

Precis is probably newer name as Pisuth put it as Precis=Junonia.

Cheers :)

Leopard Lacewing
28-Aug-2008, 10:49 PM
Did you watch channel 5 News? It mentioned the T3 Butterfly Garden.

Pretty interesting!

Cheers!

Archduke
29-Aug-2008, 12:30 AM
i think i've seen it way back when the T3 just opened... they mentioned something like that... but i think its more of a "eye-candy" than a butterfly enclosure

atronox
29-Aug-2008, 01:57 AM
Is Altas Moth a butterfly?Some ppl dun differentiate between butts n moths.:)

Commander
29-Aug-2008, 10:16 AM
More "exotic" butts in an enclosure. ;P I see Common Sailors, a Plain Tiger and Clippers in the photo. :-(

New butterfly garden opens at Changi Airport Terminal 3
By Satish Cheney, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 28 August 2008 1814 hrs

SINGAPORE : Changi Airport Terminal 3 has opened a new Butterfly Garden.

Located at its Departure and Transit Mall, the two-storey garden also lets visitors observe the life cycle of the butterflies at close range.
There are about 47 varieties of them at the garden, and educational corners located within the garden enable visitors to gain a deeper understanding of butterflies.

There are also individual enclosures that allow visitors to witness the breeding and feeding of butterflies.

The airport said the new addition is part of its efforts to introduce novel facilities to its passengers. - CNA /ls

Great Mormon
29-Aug-2008, 11:48 AM
More "exotic" butts in an enclosure. ;P I see Common Sailors, a Plain Tiger and Clippers in the photo. :-(

New butterfly garden opens at Changi Airport Terminal 3
By Satish Cheney, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 28 August 2008 1814 hrs

SINGAPORE : Changi Airport Terminal 3 has opened a new Butterfly Garden.

Located at its Departure and Transit Mall, the two-storey garden also lets visitors observe the life cycle of the butterflies at close range.
There are about 47 varieties of them at the garden, and educational corners located within the garden enable visitors to gain a deeper understanding of butterflies.

There are also individual enclosures that allow visitors to witness the breeding and feeding of butterflies.

The airport said the new addition is part of its efforts to introduce novel facilities to its passengers. - CNA /ls

bah! not opened to the public!

Commander
29-Aug-2008, 11:53 AM
Obviously... for paying passengers to enjoy only... ;P

henrykoh
29-Aug-2008, 11:59 AM

Did you have a hand in designing this?

Commander
29-Aug-2008, 12:14 PM
Heh heh... initial 'advisory' services, cos my colleagues in our Airport Div designed T3. This is just one of the "add-ons". But later, the airport people outsourced the whole thing to Penang Butt Farm which includes the supply of pupae as well as maintaining the plants. ;P

Archduke
29-Aug-2008, 02:16 PM
Heh heh... initial 'advisory' services, cos my colleagues in our Airport Div designed T3. This is just one of the "add-ons". But later, the airport people outsourced the whole thing to Penang Butt Farm which includes the supply of pupae as well as maintaining the plants. ;P

should outsource to oh's farm

wasabi8888
30-Aug-2008, 04:17 PM

hahahha.... that means i have a chance to shoot them when i travel..

Archduke
31-Aug-2008, 08:28 AM
hahahha.... that means i have a chance to shoot them when i travel..

your ideal environment. aircon..... butts everywhere... dont have to run or sweat