PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Highlands

Glorious Begum
04-May-2008, 10:57 AM
Surprisingly very low number of butt in highlands. While wifey was busy buying vegetables. I snapped two butts in hurry. One of it I can't find the ID. Hope someone can ID it. Thanks.

Malayan Jezebel (Delias ninus ninus)

Unknown to me.

cheers ! :cheers:

Sky Blue
04-May-2008, 11:32 AM
The 2nd one, looks close to the underside of Orange Tip or some Appias, C&P4 do not show the underside so can only refer to Pisuth, suspect to be Appias pandione ?

m00nman26
04-May-2008, 11:41 AM
Can't see the pictures :sweat:

Painted Jezebel
04-May-2008, 12:11 PM
Yes SC, Appias pandione lagela (Banded Puffin). I do not think the forewings are sufficiently falcate to be A. lalassis.

Glorious Begum
04-May-2008, 12:18 PM
The 2nd one, looks close to the underside of Orange Tip or some Appias, C&P4 do not show the underside so can only refer to Pisuth, suspect to be Appias pandione ?

Yes SC, Appias pandione lagela (Banded Puffin). I do not think with forewings are sufficiently falcate to be A. lalassis.

Thanks SC and Les for the ID. :cheers:

Sky Blue
04-May-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks Les for confirmation & the common name :)

Common Mime
04-May-2008, 04:05 PM
Surprisingly very low number of butt in highlands.
Orh, you went up to CH too? pretty close to where you stay though. Agree that the butt activities are pretty low up there.

Glorious Begum
04-May-2008, 04:18 PM
Orh, you went up to CH too? pretty close to where you stay though. Agree that the butt activities are pretty low up there.

Wifey wanted to grab some vegetables and I wanted to check out the butts in CH. So we went... :bsmile:

Commander
04-May-2008, 05:48 PM
Les, is that a D. pasithoe? I often encounter D. ninus at Cameron Highlands rather than D. pasithoe. :thinking:

Painted Jezebel
04-May-2008, 10:07 PM
Congratulations, SK, right again. The hind wing pattern tells me immediately that is Delias ninus.

It has been a thoroughbly miserable day today, and I have not been concentrating.

Commander
04-May-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks, Les. Always could count on the world's premier expert on Delias genus. :)

LC, please amend accordingly. Your first shot is that of a Malayan Jezebel (Delias ninus ninus) :cheers:

Glorious Begum
04-May-2008, 11:10 PM
Congratulations, SK, right again. The hind wing pattern tells me immediately that is Delias ninus.

It has been a thoroughbly miserable day today, and I have not been concentrating.

haha.. me too, after many checking of butt from butt heaven. I didn't even check carefully about its id. Shame on me... :embrass:

Thanks, Les. Always could count on the world's premier expert on Delias genus. :)

LC, please amend accordingly. Your first shot is that of a Malayan Jezebel (Delias ninus ninus) :cheers:

Thanks Khew, changed. :cheers:

Painted Jezebel
04-May-2008, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE=Commander;66389]Thanks, Les. Always could count on the world's premier expert on Delias genus. :) QUOTE]

Thank you for the comment, but under no circumstances could I be called that!. There are at least 10 people who know a damn site more than I do.

However, I am the most easily contactable fanatic!