PDA

View Full Version : Species No 318 for KS

Painted Jezebel
07-May-2008, 06:44 PM
As we have the Wizard here, it is only fair, equality of the sexes and all that, that I should today find Araotes lapithis uruwela (The Witch)

This is the male (if you can have a male witch;-) )

Glorious Begum
07-May-2008, 09:11 PM
Wow.. congrats ! Not sure is there a sorcerer over here ? :bsmile:

Sky Blue
08-May-2008, 08:39 AM
cool, u have both Witch & Wizard ;-)

atronox
08-May-2008, 05:30 PM
Sry if i'm wrong bt i thought that the male witch is more brownish in colour as compared to orangey?

Painted Jezebel
08-May-2008, 08:40 PM
According to Pisuth's photos, the female is browner (this is usual in the Lycaenids). However, I agree that the Jamides site appears to show the opposite. This is a rare species throughout its range, and I can only go on the few photos I have. Neither C&P nor Pinratana show the undersides of both male and female for comparison. However, the abdomen appears to be male, and I did get a short glance of the upperside, which also appeared male (the pale tornal area of the female was not apparant).

atronox
11-May-2008, 01:35 AM
According to Pisuth's photos, the female is browner (this is usual in the Lycaenids). However, I agree that the Jamides site appears to show the opposite. This is a rare species throughout its range, and I can only go on the few photos I have. Neither C&P nor Pinratana show the undersides of both male and female for comparison. However, the abdomen appears to be male, and I did get a short glance of the upperside, which also appeared male (the pale tornal area of the female was not apparant).I think i should say that this is based on my observations of this sp from various sources first.:embrass:

Yong San
16-May-2008, 12:09 AM
Hi Les,
I remember guessing you will get 318 species in KS, and now you got it :cheers:
BTW, what is your final number of species by last year end ?
regards, << Yong >>

blurboiboi
16-May-2008, 07:50 AM
tats one cutie you have got up there!!!!...
i wan a shot of it too leh....:cry:

Painted Jezebel
16-May-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi Yong, regretably, my species number in now down to 317, as a butt I had caught turned out to be an aberrant dwarf Rapala of a species I already had noted, not a new one after all.

My year end total was 313, so it has been very quiet here since, the weather isn't helping either, cloudy, rainy, windy for the last month!

Hi Les,
I remember guessing you will get 318 species in KS, and now you got it :cheers:
BTW, what is your final number of species by last year end ?
regards, << Yong >>