PDA

View Full Version : Male Scarce Silverstreak

horace2264
02-Nov-2008, 05:14 PM
I was lucky to run into a tame male Scarce Silverstreak during my leaf run today. It was trying to open its wings to sunbath, but the cloudy sky was not allowing sufficient light to filter through, and hence the wings were only partially open. In the end, a half-cooked open-wing shot was the result.

Painted Jezebel
02-Nov-2008, 05:27 PM
Congrats, Horace, on great shots.:thumbsup: 'Half-cooked' shots, to me, are just as important as full-on upper or undersides, and are my favorites. I've been hoping to see a male sunbathe in an accessible location, as I need one for the website, but no luck, so far.

Great Mormon
02-Nov-2008, 08:34 PM
the blues are lovely Horace! nice shot of the Sunny!

horace2264
02-Nov-2008, 11:01 PM
Congrats, Horace, on great shots.:thumbsup: 'Half-cooked' shots, to me, are just as important as full-on upper or undersides, and are my favorites. I've been hoping to see a male sunbathe in an accessible location, as I need one for the website, but no luck, so far.

Thanks, Les. I am glad you like it. I am sure with greater abundance of butterflies at your location, it will be easier for you to achieve your objective. :)

the blues are lovely Horace! nice shot of the Sunny!
Thanks, Anthony. :)

atronox
03-Nov-2008, 01:53 AM
Nevertheless, still very beautiful. Nice shots!

horace2264
03-Nov-2008, 01:02 PM
Nevertheless, still very beautiful. Nice shots!
Thanks, Aaron for your kind words. :)

benetay
04-Nov-2008, 08:02 PM
The electric blue is really stunning! I've not got a shot of either of the gender. Great shot of it.

Cheers!

horace2264
06-Nov-2008, 01:29 PM
The electric blue is really stunning! I've not got a shot of either of the gender. Great shot of it.

Cheers!
Thanks, Ben for your kind words. :)