PDA

View Full Version : No Brand No More....

Silverstreak
27-Jan-2010, 11:49 AM
We have lost the following sites....

Eurema brigitta senna No Brand Grass Yellow ground is totally gone and there goes the only foothold it has on the main island.
http://butterflycircle.com/checklist2/includes/imgsize.php?h=350&img=../mugshots/Eurema%20brigitta%20senna/NBGY---SUNNY-CHIR.jpg

Along with it, the silver mine for both Spindasis Silverlines at the entrance is wiped out.

http://butterflycircle.com/checklist2/includes/imgsize.php?h=350&img=../mugshots/Spindasis%20lohita%20senama/Long%20banded%20silverline.jpg

Gone too is the Everes lacturnus rileyi Indian Cupid's only foothold on the Main Island.

http://butterflycircle.com/checklist2/includes/imgsize.php?h=350&img=../mugshots/Everes%20lacturnus%20rileyi/Everes-lacturnus-rileyi-(Indian-Cupid)4-1---Sunny-Chir.jpg

And soon the Harlequin site will follow...
http://butterflycircle.com/checklist2/includes/imgsize.php?h=350&img=../mugshots/Taxila%20haquinus%20haquinus/Harlequin--Male----Sunny-Chir.png

Silverstreak
27-Jan-2010, 11:51 AM
NBGY and Silverline ground

Silverstreak
27-Jan-2010, 11:51 AM
Silverline and India Cupid Ground

Peacock Royal
27-Jan-2010, 04:30 PM
We have tried to re-locate NBGY to Seletar. But I think we failed - no sign of it when I visited Seletar a few weeks ago.
I remember some of us shot one at Ubin, not sure if we can find it at Ubin.

henrykoh
27-Jan-2010, 04:54 PM
Sad story for these interesting butts. My all time favorite is the silverline, the yishun dam area that used to have them is gone too i think.

Archduke
27-Jan-2010, 05:04 PM
sigh. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Commander
27-Jan-2010, 05:04 PM
Sad story for these interesting butts. My all time favorite is the silverline, the yishun dam area that used to have them is gone too i think.

That's the Lower Seletar Reservoir area? Yup... there's a wide road cutting through the place where we used to shoot the Silverlines. :-(

atronox
27-Jan-2010, 08:39 PM
Is the west still undeveloped, or is it undergoing construction alr?

Banded Yeoman
28-Jan-2010, 11:02 AM
Hope it's not. People seem to think more of themselves. If this continues, we will wipe out all the wildlife on Earth, then wipe ourselves out. We have got to change this. Why not arranging some project among us?

Commander
28-Jan-2010, 11:08 AM
Hope it's not. People seem to think more of themselves. If this continues, we will wipe out all the wildlife on Earth, then wipe ourselves out. We have got to change this. Why not arranging some project among us?

That's a good idea, Jonathan. Why don't you approach your teacher and suggest a mini-project for your school or even volunteer to help with one of the parks? Then you can be a mini-ButterflyCircle ambassador. :)

Banded Yeoman
28-Jan-2010, 11:10 AM
I will try that, the thing is, my teachers don't care about butterflies. I will try to get through to the N parks. I'm sure they can help.

Commander
28-Jan-2010, 11:40 AM
Several senior BC members have been helping NParks behind the scenes - surveys with the National Biodiversity Centre, butterfly-friendly landscaping at various town and regional parks and park connectors, and so on. There is a lot of work in the background and if young people like you are interested and are willing to commit your time, let me know.

Note that we are not like certain other groups who like the limelight of the media, and make the news even before things are properly completed and in place.

Also, please note that you are still in school and that's where your first priority should be. Any volunteer work should not be at the expense of your educational pursuits - that is your future. I'm sure the school teachers amongst BC members will agree with me.

If you are keen, perhaps we can ask Aaron and you to set up a Junior BC group where you can bring any of your like-minded friends to set up a group to help us with our projects. We would be definitely glad to have extra helping hands with the projects.

Banded Yeoman
28-Jan-2010, 12:01 PM
Ok. I will do that!